With the opening of the first Best Western Plus in Costa Rica in 2017, Grupo Marta Hotels & Restaurants introduced the Best Western Plus brand to the country.
Grupo Marta provides specialized services in the operation of hotels and restaurants, sales and marketing, administration, tourism and commercial law, insurance and risk management, procurement, project management, finance and accounting, human resources, and information technology.
Over the years, Marta Group and its affiliates have managed six different international brands: Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Best Western, Best Western Plus, Holiday Inn Express, Denny’s Restaurants, and Gray Line Tours.
Currently, the company’s experienced team manages a network of five brands that include four hotels, three restaurants, and a travel agency.
Our Sustainability Programs
Our mission is to exceed our clients’ expectations and promote human development, while being committed to sustainable tourism and the community.
Our sustainability principles:
- To promote social and environmental responsibility.
- To help out the local community and set an example for other companies.
- To seek the well-being of the local community.
- To influence and educate our co-workers, clients, and suppliers.
- To invest and promote training and growth at all levels.
- To educate and promote the conservation of natural resources.
- To be responsible and minimize our solid and liquid wastes.
- To safeguard the health of our co-workers and the community.
The Best Western Plus San José, Best Western Irazú Hotel and Best Western Jacó Beach Resort contemplate the environmental impact of our present and future activities and take steps to reduce resource use, thereby decreasing the unwanted impact on our operations and to those of companies that contribute to our work, participating in joint campaigns with our employees and guests:
- Waste management: To a certain extent the Hotels purchase biodegradable, returnable, recycled or recyclable products. Apart from that our hotels have a management plan for solid waste that increases recycled material and minimizes waste.